At various stages in your life we suggest that you have routine consultations despite good health.
Preventative medicine focuses on the health of each person, their community, and defined sections of populations. Its goal is to protect, promote, and maintain health and well-being and to prevent disease, disability, and death.
INFANCY & CHILDHOOD
- Newborn assessment
- New parent support
- Infant immunisation and development assessment
- School children’s health check
- Heart disease prevention (blood pressure, cholesterol/lipids and life style factors)
- Early detection of diabetes
- Screening for bowel cancer
- Early detection of skin cancer
- Lifestyle and exercise advice for young and old, including weight reduction, smoking cessation and healthy eating
- Annual influenza vaccination
- Hepatitis A and B immunization for at risk groups.
WELL MEN’S HEALTH CHECK
- Early detection of prostatic and testicular cancer
- Vasectomy counselling
WELL WOMAN’S HEALTH CHECK
- Pre-pregnancy counselling
- Contraceptive advice
- Pap smear and gynaecological examination
- Breast examination
- Menopausal advice including osteoporosis treatment
SMS REMINDER SERVICE
Our practice is committed to preventive care. We may issue you with a reminder notice from time to time offering you preventative health services appropriate to your care. If you do not wish to be part of this system please let us know at reception.
Dr Annette Beaufils surgery is eHealth ready.
“My Health Record” is the name of the Australian Government’s digital health record system. Having a My Health Record means your important information like allergies, current conditions and treatments, medicine details, pathology reports or diagnostic imaging scan reports can be digitally stored in one place. Healthcare providers like doctors, specialists and hospital staff can see these details online from anywhere at any time when they need to, such as in an accident or emergency.
Please ask our staff for more information about registering for this.